Friday, May 29, 2009

Vrrrrooooom! More Great Online Info Displays

I'm a sucker for online info graphics, particularly of the interactive persuasion. If you read the political side of things here you'll remember my pointing out great NYT features on debates during the the election and somewhere in the archives here on page too I linked to the searchable/interactive map of tweets during the superbowl.

I'm not a race car fan at all, I just don't get it why would I want to watch a bunch of cars make 1,000 left turns? And, as this Indy car tracker from the Indy Star shows, the cars up front definitely don't do a lot of passing either.

If you're a diehard race fan I bet you'll be able to mine this feature for details about the 2009 Indy 500, if you're like me you'll appreciate it for its other qualities. Definitely go take a look, playing the entire race run through only takes a couple of minutes.

(via kottke)

No comments:

Post a Comment